Who We Are
The St. Lucie Classroom Teachers’ Association/Classified Unit is a labor union whose purpose is to advocate for all education employees and the best public schools.
Our missions are:
- To work for the continuous improvement of instruction in St. Lucie County toward the end that every child obtains the best education that the community can offer.
- To establish the active participation of our members in the formulation of educational policies, and to promote the highest standard of professional practices.
- To advance the economic and professional interests of our members through formal negotiations with the St. Lucie County School Board.
- To protect our members’ rights whenever necessary.
- To guarantee our members’ rights to due process.
- To make our members aware of their political responsibilities.
- To cooperate to the fullest extent with the labor movement and to work for a progressive labor philosophy to awaken in all members a labor consciousness and a sense of solidarity with labor.
- To seek relationships with other organizations to promote the public school system.
- To promote education as a social agent for developing the capacities of the young, for enlightening adults, and for working toward a society motivated by the ideal of service and democratic participation.
- To serve as the leader in protecting the significance of public education in Florida and advancing both quality and equality in the public education system.
Not a Member?